So within all of this angst, my monthly issue of Boston Magazine came in the mail, and lo and behold, this issue is all about MONEY. And JOBS. Great. It doesn’t help that my mother bought me a suit for Christmas (hint-hint), now even my magazine is pushing me to corporate America! Or so I thought. As it turns out, there are several jobs out there that require me to be pretty much uneducated and still make a pretty penny. I’m beginning to wonder why I wasted all this money on a fancy Holy Cross diploma.
(^ This is not the current issue, by the way)
- I could keep waiting tables and make about 60K
- I could drive a taxi and bank between 25 and 30 grand a year
- I could walk dogs for $24,000
- I could work at Starbucks at the high wage of 8.25/hr
- I could dye hair for the pretty penny of 65-86 grand a year
- I could DJ at a club for 16/hr
- I could be a lunch lady for 41K
- I could be a librarian for 80K (Which is nice...teachers make much less)
- I could be a high school baseball umpire for a cool 75 smackers a game
- I could be a ticket seller for 55 grand!
- And, best of all, I could be a toll collector for the Mass Pike for $64,000 a year! (keep in mind, the Massachusetts speaker of the house makes a mere 61K...chump change!)