Monday, March 15, 2010

Rainy Monday, and why boys suck

Today is dreary, dreary, dreary. In Massachusetts, and much of the northeast, its been raining since Saturday. It's times like these when I realize that I could never live in England. Or Ireland. Or Seattle. But to curb the rain blues, I have this song! It reminds me of my pal from high school, CEM, and our summer on the Vineyard two years ago(has it really been two years? FML).



Anyway, my suitemates and I were talking today about boys. Specifically, we were talking about why boys suck. Don't get me wrong, I love boys. They are cute and they smell nice (sometimes), and they're always appreciative of bathroom humor (my favorite kind, simply because it's the great equalizer). BUT most of the time, boys are dicks. To be kind, sometimes they don't even know it. But to be honest, a lot of the time they do know and simply don't care.

For example, after returning home to a girl's room after a party, why would you leave your jacket in her room, and then when she asks if you want it back (via text message because anything other than that would be considered stalking), simply not respond? Because you're a jerk, that's why. Guys routinely think that girls are obsessed with them. Get a clue. We are not! We've gotten that gene beaten out of us by guys who have made us feel stupid since elementary school. You are not that great. She simply doesn't want your jacket hanging around her room. This is just an example, BTW.

But in reality, why is it that girls are always made to feel like needy psychos? Every guy talks about his 'psycho ex-girlfriend'. Why does every guy have a psycho ex-girlfriend? Because he thinks he is so perfect (and was told so by his mommy...so I guess we perpetuate the problem) that he could never do anything wrong or hurtful. Seriously, though, I know guys that are dicks just to be dicks. They will text or call girls first for hookups and then tell all his friends that this same girl is "all over" him. Yes, she is, because YOU WERE FIRST.

We girls are told so many different things. Be gorgeous, but don't be easy. Be available, but not too available. Be willing but not eager. To quote a washed up rapper: "I need a lady in the street but a freak in the sheets." Holy cow that's a lot of pressure. I'm not a poem! I can't appear to be one thing but actually be another.

Guys, I guess I'm just saying that you could be a little nicer. Stop making us feel like sluts. Stop making us not want to have feelings. Stop making us feel like idiots. And never try to make a girl feel like a psycho without first considering your hand in the matter.

And ladies, persevere. Don't shut yourself off. Someday (I hope) there will be someone for all of us, and he won't make us feel like dumbasses. And remember: nobody can take anything from you if you do not give it.

2 comments:

  1. THAT JUST MADE MY DAY - THIS POST IS SO GREAT. I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING, ESPECIALLY YOUR THOUGHTS ON A GUY LEAVING A JACKET IN A GIRL'S ROOM AND THEN BEING A JERK ABOUT IT! HEHE. LOVE YOU -- LEZ CUDDZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love everything about this and everything about you!!! Seriously though, how many guys just don't call back after leading you on! When the girl gets angry they act all surprised! It's so ridiculous. I know some girls do some crazy things too, but please, men need to get it together!!!

    ReplyDelete