Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why I love Paula Deen

Watching Paula Deen on the food network is a serious guilty pleasure of mine. Just seeing the food she makes is instant comfort...you don't even have to make it to know how delectable all of her buttery, creamy recipes taste. Everything down to her 'little-ol-me' accent is soothing: "just you wait, y'all, this is going to be so delicous" she drawls. Plus her sons, oh! So, so handsome.
My neighbor grew up in the South and makes some of the most delicious, warm, comforting foods around. Something to be said for just some great, down home cooking!

Over Easter my sister and I made Paula's red velvet cupcakes, and they were simply divine, plus pretty darn easy to make! There was LOTS of frosting left over, so much that my sister made another entire cake and was able to frost it!
(picture courtesy Food Network)

No comments:

Post a Comment